Our Client the African Export – Import Bank AFREXIMBANK is looking to recruit for a
Temporary, Associate, Compliance Analyst within the Compliance department.
• Actimize Customer Screening System:
a. Investigate alerts generated by the system on the Bank’s customers (entities and individuals).
b. In liaison with respective COMP Regional Managers, close the false matches.
c. In liaison with respective COMP Regional Managers, escalate any risk issues that have been
identified on true matches.
d. Assist in preparing weekly and monthly MI for D COMP and facilitate reporting to Senior
e. Document all the actions and decisions are taken on the Actimize system to enable an audit trail on how
the alerts generated were managed.
a. Review all KYC documents uploaded by CLRE RMs for quality and adequacy
b. Liaise with respective CLRE officers on all missing information to facilitate the CDD process by the
c. Review all accounts pending COMP action on the newly introduced fields and update the KYC
section to facilitate improved monitoring of Bank customers.
d. Identify all expired accounts which are due for review and liaise with CLRE to upload updated
KYC information and re-certify the accounts to ensure the KYC information held for all active
accounts are relevant and up to date.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Line Manager.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, and Attitude
• Bachelor’s degree and a postgraduate degree in Business, Banking, accounting,
Finance or another relevant field from a recognized University is a Must.
• Professional qualification in KYC/Compliance will be an added advantage
• Sound experience of at least 3 years with a leading financial services organization and
familiarity with Anti-money Laundering and Counter Financing of Terrorism
Compliance, AML monitoring case management systems, knowledge of SAS and
Actimize will be an added advantage.
• Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented
setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa.