Our Client the African Export-Import Bank AFREXIMBANK is looking to recruit for Team support, Export Development Advisory supporting the Export Development Advisory business segment of the Bank, and providing administrative and specialist support to the team at the Head Office and field teams based in Regional Branch offices.
Duties and responsibilities:
a) Boost capacity for the provision of advisory services to member states in the formulation of national industrialization and export development policies as well as in the creation of programmes to develop and promote the competitiveness of national exports (goods and services) in global markets, including the utilization of trade preferences.
b) Assist national governments and export development agencies/institutions in the design and implementation of national export development/industrialization programmes/initiatives.
c) Support the design and implementation of Country Export Development Programs in line with the Industrialization and Export Development Strategy of the Bank.
d) Support the implementation of special initiatives, projects/programmes that relate to industrialization and export development, including the creation of Industrial Parks, Innovation and Technology Parks, Blue Economy.
e) Support the design and implementation of mechanisms for building the capacity of African public and private stakeholders on industrialization and export development including the organization of workshops and seminars
f) Support the creation of ties with market participants including international banks, African financial institutions, (project finance intermediaries), project sponsors and developers, corporates, and commodity boards and organizations.
g) Assist with the development of terms of reference, RfPs for relevant technical, commercial, and financial bids, and support the secretariat in the management of the tender process.
h) Any other duties as may be assigned by your line manager and senior management.
Skills, Knowledge, and Attitude:
• Postgraduate degree in Economics, Public Policy, Public Administration, or related degree.
• Sound experience of at least 2 years working on related issues in an international financial institution or a development institution.
• Knowledge of government and industrial policy.
• Knowledge of international affairs, international trade, and the global economy
• Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change-oriented setting and therefore knowledge of the workings of the main segments of the trade finance markets and the participants in major regions of Africa.
• Ability to meet senior officials of banks, corporates, and governments and win their confidence that the specialist’s products will meet the needs of these parties.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage
• Experience in marketing trade and finance products. The candidate should demonstrate a keen interest in developing market solutions for corporate and sovereign clients.
• Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank's objectives.
• Demonstrated organizational capabilities, including the ability to manage human resources to attain goals.
Contract type – One-year contract (Renewable)
The closing date for applications is the 24th of March 2022
If you are interested to apply for this role, please reach out to Maysa Zaker at AIMS International Egypt directly at email@example.com