Our Client the African Export-Import Bank AFREXIMBANK is looking to recruit for Team Support/Analyst, Export Development Finance to support and participate in drawing up annual business development plans for export development transactions and to assist in the implementation of these plans with support from the Director, Export Development.
Duties and responsibilities:
a) Assist with originating and completing export services related projects across healthcare, tourism hospitality, light manufacturing, etc. in different countries in liaison with the branch teams and with support from the EXDE team and the Director, Export Development Finance;
b) Assist with structuring healthcare, tourism, hospitality, logistics, and light manufacturing-related projects, developing and negotiating term sheets to execution;
c) Participate in the preparation of annual business development plans, covering all aspects of the financing of projects export development programmes and initiatives;
d) Help in converting prospects into real business for the Bank from all segments of the Trade and Export markets by structuring and financing service export projects.
e) Supporting marketing and managing products, initiatives, and programmes such as the AQAC Initiative, CONMED, and CONTOUR products, etc. as a means of facilitating exports.
f) Help to design schemes and roadshows for establishing a market presence with an emphasis on broadening the geographic scope of the Bank’s activities and promoting the export development programmes and initiatives;
g) Assist in the management of team portfolios, from the process of origination, credit approval, and contracting to ensure that the process is finalized within optimal time;
h) Supporting the credit department with relevant information to facilitate the credit process and the legal department in the facilitation of transaction documentation;
I) In line with the above, liaise with the Banking Operations department to ensure that once approval is obtained, disbursement is done within the required timelines and that the portfolio is managed according to the terms of the agreement and to the client’s satisfaction, until the expiry of the same;
j) Establishing ties with market participants including international banks, African financial institutions, (project finance intermediaries), project sponsors and developers, corporates and commodity boards and organizations
k) Assist with the development of terms of reference, RFPs for relevant technical, commercial, and financial bids and support the secretariat in the management of the tender process.
l) Any other duties as may be assigned by line manager and senior management.
Skills, Knowledge, and Attitude:
• Postgraduate degree in Business Administration, Banking or Finance from a recognized University or a professional qualification in Banking or International Trade Finance.
• Sound experience of at least 4 relevant years with a leading organization and familiarity with the major trade and export development finance products to be offered to clients especially syndication, co-financing, club deals, correspondent banking products including letters of credit, factoring, forfeiting, structured trade finance, corporate finance risk participations, project-related financing and considerable knowledge of how these works.
• Perform financial analysis, including evaluating businesses, projects, budgets, and key financial data, to determine Project’s performance and suitability.
• Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change-oriented setting and therefore knowledge of the workings of the main segments of the trade finance markets and the participants in major regions of Africa.
• Ability to meet senior officials of banks, corporates, and governments and win their confidence that the specialist’s products will meet the needs of these parties.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage
• Proven experience in marketing trade and project finance products. The candidate must demonstrate experience and knowledge of designing and selling structured trade finance products.
• Willingness to travel and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank's objectives.
Contract type – One-year contract (Renewable)
The closing date for applications is the 24th of March 2022
If you are interested to apply for this role, please reach out to Maysa Zaker at AIMS International Egypt directly at email@example.com