Our Client the African Export-Import Bank AFREXIMBANK is looking to recruit for Team Support, SME Development Programme to participate in drawing up annual business development plans for export development transactions and to support the implementation of these plans with direction from both the Manager SDP and Director, Export Development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
a) Support the management of Financial and Non-financial Intervention aspects of the SME Development Programme
b) Support the management of the financial and lending aspects of the Bank’s SME Development Programme
c) Support the management of the incubation, technical assistance, and capacity-building aspects of the Bank’s SME Development Programme.
d) Work with selected intermediaries in providing support, incubating, and developing the capacity of selected SMEs across the continent.
e) Participate in the preparation of annual business development plans, covering all financing and non-financial aspects (incubation and capacity building) of the Bank’s SME Development programme.
f) Assist in developing, marketing, and managing the interventions under the Bank’s SME Development Programme.
g) Support the design of schemes and roadshows for establishing a market presence with an emphasis on broadening the geographic scope of the Bank’s activities and promoting the Bank’s SME Development Programme.
h) Help in establishing ties and developing MOUs with technical partners for collaboration with the Bank in supporting SMEs through incubation and capacity building.
i) Help to establish ties with market participants including international banks, African financial institutions, SME Finance intermediaries, project sponsors and developers, corporates, and commodity boards and organizations.
j) Assist with development of terms of reference, RfPs for relevant technical, commercial, and financial bids and support the secretariat in the management of the tender process;
k) Any other duties as may be assigned by your line manager and senior management.
Skills, Knowledge, and Attitude:
• Postgraduate degree in Business Administration, Banking or Finance from a recognized University or a similar degree.
• Sound experience of at least 4 years with a leading organization and experience working with SMEs including in the area of lending programme management, technical support, and capacity building.
• Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change-oriented setting and knowledge of the African SME sector.
• Ability to meet senior officials of banks, corporates, and governments and win their confidence that the specialist’s products will meet the needs of these parties.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage.
• Experience in supporting SMEs. The candidate must demonstrate experience and capacity to provide technical and capacity-building support to SMEs and SME finance institutions.
• Willingness to travel and to work long hours are required to achieve the Bank's objectives.
• Demonstrated organizational capabilities, including the ability to manage human resources to attain goals.
Contract type – One-year contract (Renewable)
The closing date for applications is the 27th of March 2022
If you are interested to apply for this role, please reach out to Mushira Maged at AIMS International Egypt directly at firstname.lastname@example.org