Our Client the African Export-Import Bank AFREXIMBANK is looking to recruit for an Associate, Trade & Corporate Finance in Cairo, Egypt.
The role is expected to help the Bank achieve its mission of “stimulating a consistent expansion of and diversification of African trade so as to rapidly increase Africa’s share of global trade while operating as a first-class, profit-oriented, socially responsible financial institution and a center of excellence in African trade matters”. The role holder will provide end to end support to the unit, focusing on specific regions in Africa as allocated within the unit, thereby ensuring the provision of efficient services to clients and adequate execution of trade and corporate finance transactions, as well as proper management of internal reporting, clients’ files and IATI trade and corporate finance portfolio.
a. Review and Analysis
- A preliminary review of all financing and non-financing requests submitted by customers and partners to ensure they meet the Bank’s eligibility criteria.
- Assist in evaluating the underlying financial assumptions of client’s proposal to ensure they are realistic and reliable.
- Work out pricing to ensure it meets the Bank’s stipulated hurdle rates as communicated periodically.
- Make business /commercial recommendations on proposals to team members following preliminary review.
- Assist the team in structuring all Intra-African trade transactions, and under the supervision of a designated Intra-African Trade staff, develop draft indicative term sheets for transactions in line with customer’s requests and the Bank’s products.
- Develop pre-assessment memos on proposals received from potential borrowers, highlighting key aspects of the transactions, and providing sound arguments for the Bank to finance the transaction.
- Under the supervision of a designated Intra-African Trade staff, develop new financing products and other programs related to the Unit’s activities.
- Prepare and manage the Intra-African trade transaction pipeline on a timely basis.
- Create and report the department’s management information (MI) for accurate decision-making.
- Responsible for the preparation and timely submissions of Monthly Reports and other ad-hoc reports, to the Head of Intra-African Trade Initiative.
- Develop, update, and manage a database of clients and facilitation initiatives under the Bank’s Intra-African Trade Champions programme.
c. Business Development
- Develop presentations, marketing materials (brochures, and flyers) and disseminate to target customers of the Bank for marketing and business development purposes.
- Advise clients on presentation of their financing proposals and requests to ensure it conforms to the Bank’s requirements.
- Provide support to the team in managing all Intra-African trade customer relations, originating, and onboarding clients.
- Coordinate specific publicity and business development events like Conferences, Exhibitions, Road Shows, etc., on behalf of the Intra-African Trade Initiative, where Afreximbank is participating and is tasked to lead; and
- Undertake desktop research into business models and new initiatives.
- Assist the team in policy advocacy and government relations, including relationships with Regional Economic Communities.
- Assist the team in resource mobilization for major regional infrastructure projects.
- Following up on action-tracking logs resulting from internal committee meetings, external meetings and missions for which actions are required.
- Liaise with relevant departments throughout transactions’ approval chain as well as in communicating queries and feedback to clients.
- Support the team with administrative services during Road shows, missions, and conferences.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, and Attitude
- Bachelor’s degree and a post-graduate degree in a relevant field from a recognized University are a must backed by an appropriate experience of at least 5 years.
- Ability to research, evaluate business models, and analyze financial statements and Information.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting.
- Excellent written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic, and Portuguese).
- Demonstrate organizational capabilities, including the ability to manage workload with limited supervision to attain goals.
- Being able to multitask, be proactive, and able to use initiative appropriately.
- Ability to demonstrate proof of passion and commitment to the socio-economic empowerment of African countries and the ability to support the achievement of Afreximbank’s mandate.
Contract type – Permanent
The closing date for applications is 4th of October 2021
If you are interested to apply for this role, please reach out to Maysa Zaker at AIMS International Egypt directly at email@example.com