Our client is a new private company is positioned with a development role in accelerating Egyptian exports to the world and supporting Egyptian companies and the economy. They are looking to appoint a CEO that will act as the figurehead for the company’s export promoting services. He/ She will set the overall purpose, vision, and mission of the company and will be responsible for managing the day-to-day delivery of services. The new appointed CEO should share an interest and enthusiasm for working on a greenfield project that will serve a national vision towards growth and sustainability.
• Execute and communicate the overall strategy, and convey key internal communications, based on the Strategy set by the Board.
• Drive the implementation of a clear strategy through day-to-day operations, measuring performance regularly against set KPIs.
• Oversee the launch and progress of the company’s new services.
• Recruit and retain a high-performing team; Lead and motivate subordinates to advance employee engagement and develop a highly performing managerial team.
• Define the company’s culture and ensure buy-in to the overall vision.
• Act as the public ambassador for the company and raise the profile of the company, building trust relations with key partners and stakeholders.
• Approve the allocation of capital to significant initiatives and oversee the overall investment of the company's resources, within the Strategy set by the Board.
• Propose key funding, partnership, or strategy decisions to be taken by the Executive Committee and Board.
• Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements.
15+ years in a senior leadership role (CEO/Managing Director preferable) with credible knowledge of international trade, the economic and exporting landscape in Egypt, as well as the current trade situation & trends in the EU, GCC, and US markets, as well as diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance, etc.
• Excellent managerial capacities (team management & development)
• Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles
• Degree, preferably in Economics or Business Management
• Experience in Africa or the Middle East with public and private sector clients
• Proven track record of managing a network of international stakeholders effectively
• Experience in driving the strategic direction and operational implementation with complex projects/initiatives
• Experience in global companies is an advantage
• Good understating of supply chain cycles
• Good understanding/awareness of digitalization and digital transformations is preferable
Skills & competencies:
• Strong leadership and motivational skills to manage an organization with global reach and foster passion for the cause.
• Outstanding communication skills and confident public speaking to represent the company on an organizational and global level.
• Exceptional and rigorous project management with a strong focus on meeting KPIs.
• Strong strategic thinking, problem-solving skills, and creativity.
• Excellent written and verbal communication in English. Arabic is also very useful.
• An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills.