- Reconcile all accounts payable activities to ensure that payments to suppliers and creditors are done on time and in line with laid down procedures.
- Assist in managing master file information (for vendors) in the accounting system by capturing, maintaining, and updating master data in an accurate manner in accordance with the bank’s applicable policies and procedures.
- Assist in following up to ensure proper allocation of expenses to cost centers.
- Assisting in preparing monthly expense analysis schedules.
- Assisting in reviewing the settlement of advance payments to suppliers.
- Review the branches' monthly expenses and post the accounting entries related to SAP and Finacle.
- Prepare bank and petty cash reconciliations and clear all outstanding transactions in a timely manner.
- Review all branch-related accounting returns for accuracy and internal control purposes and producing the required reports.
- Reconcile all fixed assets sub-ledgers to the General Ledger balances ensuring correct accounting classification in line with IFRS.
- Responsible for performing the reconciliations of sub-ledgers to the General ledger for payroll, operating expenses, other receivables, and other liabilities transactions, and related provisions aging reports where applicable.
- Responsible for the recording of daily transactions relating to operating expenses and fixed assets and any other accounting entries that may arise.
- Assist in following up to ensure proper allocation of expenses to cost centers; and
- Responsible for ensuring that only valid and correct payments requests are processed on a daily basis. Assist in checking and reviewing all financial payments and receipts by verifying the supporting documents for validity, accuracy and completeness, and proper coding.
- Assisting in preparing relevant files for internal and external audit purposes, and fulfilling audit documentation requests
- Assisting in preparing different reports as requested by management.
- Assisting in the financial close process.
- Initiate and support the implementation of any enhancements to the SAP and/or Finacle systems from a financial cycle perspective, to improve the efficiency of processes, the effectiveness of systems and controls, and the usefulness of financial information for making informed decisions.
- Ensure a continuous improvement to financial processes through appropriate scoping, identifying required upgrades, and ensuring properly managed enhancement as may be required by the needs of specific projects throughout the Bank e.g., reporting systems to fit particular Bank products.
- Working alongside the Core Banking ERP systems Consultants to ensure that accounting controls within the system are working well, that all users are trained, putting in place procedures to overcome routine problems, and to ensure the ongoing integrity and unbroken flow of required data within the system.
- Preparation of interim financial statements.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, and Attitude
- Bachelor’s degree and a post-graduate degree in Banking and Finance, or related subject from a recognized University.
- A professional qualification like Certified CPA or CMA or other relevant qualification is an added advantage, and if backed up by appropriate Banking experience may be considered in lieu of a post-graduate degree.
- Completion of Articles with a Big Four firm is an added advantage.
- Sound relevant experience of at least 3 years within one of the Big Four Accounting firms or in a similar role elsewhere and demonstrable knowledge of IFRS and related accounting rules is a must.
- Exposure to the Banking or financial services industry whilst with the accounting firm is an added advantage.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change-oriented setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English or French. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage.
- Proven experience in ERP systems, especially SAP and/or Finnacle.
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank's objectives.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including the ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
Contract type – Permanent
If you are interested to apply for this role please reach out to Mushira Maged at AIMS International Egypt directly at mushiram@aimsegypt
APPLY FOR THIS JOB